At the 2015 IBC Show, Primestream® demonstrated Xchange™ Suite v4.5, a major upgrade to the application that gives broadcasters and video professionals instant Web access to content on their FORK Production servers from any PC or tablet device. The new software update introduces closed-captioning features in Xchange, enabling powerful workflows for searching previewing, sorting, and accessing captioning data for intuitive content production. Control your distribution with new publishing features for natively exporting to OTT network and social media outlets. Xchange v4.5 also features Insight™, a flexible new comment, rating and media activity tracking system that brings enhanced interactivity to collaboration.
Xchange Suite v4.5 now brings the ability to download and import content, metadata and markers from Xchange into leading Non-Linear Editors, such as Apple® Final Cut Pro® X and Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC. Xchange 4.5 now features a built-in panel for Adobe Premiere Pro. Through an intuitive new interface, users can now quickly search the Xchange media asset database from within Premiere Pro, select media, and simply import those items into a Premiere Pro project. When an edited sequence is complete, users can export the project into a finished file, ready for distribution.
Also making its IBC debut is Mobile2Air® 3.0, a major upgrade to the iOS app that seamlessly integrates remote field reporting with Primestream’s FORK™ Production Suite, and now seamlessly with Xchange. Mobile2Air 3.0 enables recording, uploading and reviewing of videos fast and securely from an iPhone® or iPad®. The update allows uploading and reviewing from anywhere across Mobile2Air and Xchange environments. Mobile2Air 3.0 integrates with Aspera’s FASP™ upload acceleration technology, the proven standard for the high-speed data transport.
“Production environments around the globe are creating and distributing an ever-increasing amount of content while needing to store, move and share media between locations,” said Claudio Lisman, President and CEO, Primestream. “We are solving these complex challenges by designing the Xchange platform with a rich set of functionalities and a solid infrastructure that is scalable and secure. This combination allows for a streamlined workflow that is easier to manage and promotes collaboration company-wide.”
NEW Features and capabilities include:
• Re-designed upload module includes batch uploading, drag and drop, and one click upload.
• Upload and attach files into existing media and keep the relationship for future search or archiving of projects.
• Clip Summary Download: Export filtered lists of your media with metadata for reviewing online or print for a more traditional hard copy review.
• Publish to SoundCloud, YouTube, and Vimeo using native APIs.
• Render OTT distribution-ready file formats for Xbox, Playstation, AppleTV, Roku.
• Native MXF support, including XDCAM, XAVC in an Op1a wrapper.
• 4K codec support with H.264, ProRes, XDCAM, XAVC, DNxHD.
Under The Hood Improvements:
• Full 64-bit Server Backend with 64-bit Database, 64-bit Web server, 64-Bit Proxy Rendering.
• Searches are over 100% faster, for significantly improved system responsiveness.
• Enhanced Security: API calls and media requests have token-based security.
Other features and capabilities include:
• Xchange Activity Tracking: Keep track of activity such as play count, rating, comment count, marker count, and subclip count.
• Xchange Rating System: Users can use a 5-star rating system to mark content.
• Xchange Enhanced Searching : Users can search and sort by activity and rating values, providing a rich set of media results.
• Xchange Fast Start: Begin working with media while it is processed in the background.
• User Bins: Users can organize media by simply dragging and dropping items into an Xchange Bin
• Xchange Downloader: Allows users to download source content in order to edit final packages locally, with the ability to choose among multiple qualities to download.
• Xchange Partial File Download: Users can download sections of media, allowing faster download workflows and eliminating the need to download entire media.
Xchange Suite v4.5 will be available for purchase at IBC 2015 and will be demonstrated at Primestream Stand D21 – Hall 7. Request a demonstration in advance by visiting primestream.com/ibcmeeting