FORK 5.0 | At NAB2015, Primestream® will show FORK™ v5.0, the latest version of its acclaimed cross platform software suite for asset management and automation. This major release includes updates to both FORK Production Suite and Playout, with advancements with MXF and 4K workflows. FORK v5.0 also includes new two-way integrations with non-linear editors like Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Avid® Media Composer®, and Apple® Final Cut Pro X®. The integration support edit-while-capture workflows with XDCAM®, ProRes® and AVC-Intra® — empowering sports, news, entertainment, and corporate video operations to use industry-leading NLEs — while gaining the benefits of the FORK I/O, logging, tagging, proxy editing, workflow management, and archiving. Available for Windows and Mac OS.
Other New Features and capabilities include:
• New FORK Production to Playout scheduling and workflows
• Improved graphics device control
• New and improved archive system support, with partial file restore
“Primestream’s FORK 5.0 continues our commitment to interoperability with enhanced support for craft editor workflows, 3rd party integrations, additional codec support, new scripting commands, device control and refinements to our logger,” says Claudio Lisman, Primestream President and CEO. “Our ingest and playout port density has increased over the last year and on the FORK Playout side we will be showing 4k MXF which is the first payoff from a long term development effort on our media pipeline that will provide the feature and performance for the future of our customers.”
Xchange Suite 4.0 | Primestream® will demonstrate Xchange™ Suite v4.0, a major upgrade to the application that gives broadcasters and video professionals instant Web access to content on their FORK Production servers from any PC or tablet device. Work more collaborative and interactive with Xchange v4.0, featuring Insight™, a new powerful comment, rating and media activity tracking system. Xchange v4.0 also brings the ability to download and import content, metadata and markers from Xchange into leading Non-Linear Editors such as Apple® Final Cut Pro® X and Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC. Batch upload media into Xchange, as well as publish content from Xchange to social media sites using a new integrated tool. Xchange is available for HTML5 supported Web browsers and iOS®.
Features and capabilities include:
• Xchange Activity Tracking: Keep track of activity such as play count, rating, comment count, marker count, and subclip count.
• Xchange Rating System: Users can use a 5-star rating system to mark content.
• Xchange Enhanced Searching : Uses can search and sort by activity and rating values providing a rich set of media results.
• Batch Uploading: Users can select multiple files at once and upload to Xchange.
• Xchange Fast Start: Begin working with media while it is processed in the background.
• Social Media Publishing: Tightly integrated using the industry standard APIs, users can send finished media to Social Media sites such as Vimeo and YouTube directly from Xchange
• User Bins: Users can organize media by simply dragging and dropping items into an Xchange Bin
Other Xchange features and capabilities include:
• Xchange Uploader: Allows users to submit raw or finished packages directly into the FORK production environment via a Web-based interface.
• Xchange Downloader: Allows users to download source content in order to edit final packages locally, with the ability to choose among multiple qualities to download.
• Xchange Partial File Download: Users can download sections of media, allowing faster download workflows and eliminating the need to download entire media.
"On the Xchange front, success continues with new deployments and version 4.0, which brings important new features and functionality for commenting, rating and tracking activity, as well as remote craft edit workflows with the major NLEs,” says Claudio Lisman, Primestream President and CEO.