Primestream's Xchange Media Cloud is a new Software-as-a-Service(SaaS) offering that brings Xchange Suite, the award-winning digital asset management software, to broadcast and video professionals as a subscription-based service using the Microsoft Azure platform. Xchange™ Suite is a Web based, enterprise-ready software platform that offers single and multi-site operations global access to their content and workflows. Store, share, edit, review, approve, archive, and prepare your footage — all in the Xchange Media Cloud.
"Building upon the success of Xchange, we are now excited to offer our first SaaS solution built on Microsoft Azure,” says Claudio Lisman, President and CEO, Primestream. "With Xchange Media Cloud, customers will now benefit from a decreased upfront cost on investment, improved speed of deployment, and increased collaboration and productivity.”
Xchange on Azure facilitates collaboration, efficiency, creativity and immediacy, the four keys to innovation, without the complexities required by an in-house deployment. Producers and editors can view and upload media, edit metadata, add markers, sort content, and execute actions directly from remote locations. Professionals can also download and import content, metadata and markers from Xchange into leading Non-Linear Editors such as Apple® Final Cut Pro® X and Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC. Additionally, Xchange enables the high-speed transfer of media between multiple Xchange sites via browser-based downloads. Users see direct benefits through ease of operation, increased quality of service, increased speed of workflow, and added functionality in remotely connected environments.
"Primestream’s Xchange Media Cloud on Azure gives professionals an efficient and economical option for accessing, managing and producing content,” says Vibhor Kapoor, Director of Product Marketing, Microsoft Azure. "Azure can quickly scale up or down to match demand, so you only pay for what you use. This will benefit both Microsoft and Primestream customers, who can now quickly deploy a digital asset management solution.”
Features and capabilities include:
● Xchange Uploader: Allows users to submit raw or finished packages directly into Xchange.
● Xchange Downloader: Allows users to download source content in order to edit final packages locally, with the ability to choose among multiple qualities to download.
● Xchange Partial File Download: Users can download sections of media, allowing faster download workflows and eliminating the need to download entire media.
● Xchange Fast Start: Begin working with media while it is processed in the background.
● Smart Bins with preset query fields that will automatically organize media.
● Multiple Video Resolutions for Video Playback: Allows users to playback and select among multiple qualities of video in order to cope with various network conditions.
● Social Media Publishing: Tightly integrated using the industry standard APIs, users can send finished media to Social Media sites such as Vimeo and YouTube directly from Xchange*
With Xchange’s highly scalable back-end and API-based open architecture, the platform is positioned to handle the most dynamic and complex workflows in the industry. Yahoo! Studios, CiscoTV, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, Albavision and Clio TV are just a few that use Xchange for their daily workflow.
You can subscribe to Xchange Media Cloud at the Microsft Azure Marketplace by visiting http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/partners/primestream/xchange-media-cloud-10-users-xchange-media-cloud-10-users/
* Optional Add-On
Final Cut Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Premiere Pro is a trademark of Adobe Systems Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Media Composer is a trademark of Avid Technology Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All trademarks remain property of their respective holders